Benjamin Netanyahu gave an interview and was asked about
The reporter (I think it was CNN or the like) was stunned.
The following material ("Whose Land") was written and compiled by an American Christian university professor. This is important information to know since we don't always get fair and accurate reporting from the media and often facts tend to get lost in the jumble of daily events.
The following are overlooked facts in the current
HERE ARE THE BRIEF FACTS ON THE ISRAELI CONFLICT TODAY....
1. Nationhood and
two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E., the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years,
7. King David founded the city of
8. Jews pray facing
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into
13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The U.N. Record on
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against
18. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the
These are incredible times. We have to ask what our role should be as Americans. What will we tell our grandchildren we did when there was a turning point in Jewish destiny and an opportunity to make a difference?